Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Lego Belt Buckle

Hey everyone! I saw this post from Delia Creates and this post from Craft-O-Maniac, and knew that 2 out of 14 nephews would love this so much! I'm sure they all would, I just know for a fact that E and C are Lego fanatics! I couldn't just stop at the Lego pieces though like Delia did (and I think hers are AWESOME).  Those boys used to love Star Wars, then it was Indiana Jones, now it is on to Knights! {I had to text my SIL to see because it seems to change every 3 days! }
Start with these kind of fabric belts. I can't make one like Delia because I can't sew, I wish I knew how though!
These belts are Levi's brand that I got online for a pretty good price. (There are no thrift stores around here unless you count D.I., and I looked there and they didn't have belts their size)
Cut the shape of the Lego piece you want onto foam (mine was the peel and stick kind, but I'm sure any would be fine.)
Then glue the foam to the piece with E-6000 glue... or the piece to the foam. Either works :) 
Use your Handy Dandy E-6000 to glue on another littler piece. When that dried I glued it to the belt. (E and C's favorite colors are green and brown)
BUT CAUTION: Do not put too much glue. When you press down the glue will spread (similar to hot glue) and get everywhere. Learn from my mistake...ha!
After the glue dried overnight I glued the little man to the brown piece and VOILA.
I hope they like it!

Tips:
Let the glue dry completely overnight before the next glueing process. If you don't the pieces slide everywhere

I used the sticky part of the foam to my advantage. When you glue the foam and Lego piece to the belt, use the sticky side to get all 4 corners down onto the metal buckle along with the glue. It works better that way.


{E and C are far away in Nevada. It makes me really sad that I can't see them as much as I would like to. I thought this would be a good present from an auntie(and new uncle :) ) who love them so much!}

{We also got them some Bionicles... hopefully we start a new trend with them! hehehe. Another thing for my bro and SIL to buy!}

FYI: I've been and Aunt since I was 8 years old. So my niece and nephews are like brothers and sister to me {I'm the youngest, my closest sibling is 6 years older than me. The oldest is 16 years older than me.} I love them all sooooo much!{Siblings and niece/nephews}I feel really close to all of them, probably more than a regular aunt/sister. Needless to say I am in L-O-V-E with all of them. I guess its no secret that I love my family a lot! :)

1 comment:

Delia said...

I love the knight lego man on front! Very cute!

Post a Comment