Sunday, February 17, 2013

Homemade Fruit N Yogurt Parfait

I love fresh fruit. Raspberries and Pineapple are my favorite. But, I hate when you buy your Raspberries, head home and as soon as you place them in the fridge... moldy. 
It makes me boil over. Then you can only eat 5 or 6 raspberries instead of the entire box.

Well, fret no further. I am here to show you how to keep your fruit fresh for weeks.


Supplies needed:
1 cup vinegar
10 cups of water
a large bowl
your choice of fruit
paper towels/ towels
strainer


Pour in your 1 cup vinegar and 10 cups of water into a large bowl. I use my hands to stir it around gently 




Gently remove the fruit, pour out the water

Into a strainer

Lightly rinse the vinegar solution off of your fruit

Lay them out on a paper towel


Take another paper towel and GENTLY press it on top to remove excess water

Lay the fruit out in your fridge. I space them out so they aren't touching each other. Then I cover it with another paper towel. 




I used Blackberries and Raspberries. My raspberries usually only last for a week, and Blackberries a little bit longer.


My favorite breakfast to eat before I go for a run or jet off to rehearsals is my version of a fruit n' yogurt parfait.

I use non-fat Vanilla yogurt: ~6 T
Granola: ~1/2 C
and 5 or 6 berries







_________________________________________________________________________________



Here are the results from almost two weeks later

My Raspberries are getting a little wrinkly but still taste great. I will probably keep them for another day or two then toss them.

My Blackberries are still going strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment